Re: Suspension overhaul

To: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suspension overhaul
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 18:00:20 -0700 (PDT)
I replaced my coil springs on my car.  Was very easy.

First I put the front of the car on jack stands so I could get under
the car.  Then I removed the shock, then I raised a floor jack to just
the height of the bottom triangular piece (what is its name?) and undid
the four bolts that hold it in place.  I lowered the jack and the
spring uncompressed but didn't come out.  After carefully prying at it
for a few minutes I got frustrated and used the "kick it until it comes
out" method, which worked.  I removed the spring pad (still stuck on
the car) and reassembly is the reverse (except the kicking part).

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend