RE: Dwell vs Gap

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dwell vs Gap
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:08:23 -0700
http://www.cranecams.com/ignition1/electoc.htm
I just put a Crane HI-6 ignition and MSD Blaster 2 coil in my car, and believe
me, that's a HOT spark! We were pulling plug wires off the distributor cap
(don't try this by hand) to see if each cylinder dropped the same amount, and
the spark was coming about 1" to 1 1/2" out of the top of the distributor cap
before it would let go. And it was a huge white arc making a loud SNAP, not just
the usual little tick. You could probably spot-weld with it.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA