Re: Dwell vs Gap

To: "Ronnie Day" <ronday@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Dwell vs Gap
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:56:15 -0400
Ron,

It's not the lack of lube which ruins the vacuum plates it's the soft metal
they're made from. The balls, about 1/4 the size of BBs or less, dig grooves
in the metal and cause the plates to become notchy. I had a dist with about
40K miles and the plate was bad and it wasn't dirty or lacking lube.

Mike