Datsun Meets

To: "list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Datsun Meets
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 07:51:35 -0400
Besides, it's not about the trophies or the judging or even the cars - it's
about the people. If the people who own the cars are, for lack of a better
description, as-holes, I wouldn't want to associate myself with them even if
they owned the same car.

While I wouldn't describe the Miata Club members as the above, they had no
interest in cars and astonished me in their ignorance regarding cars of any
type, except for a few. It was more like a coffee club and talking about
kids, food etc. I have no problems with that but nothing was discussed
regarding cars. I quit the club.

I belong to an MG Club and the people are more like me - car crazy.

FWIW, I wouldn't have any judging as it breeds too much competition amongst
people and some people take it too seriously. A pat on the back from someone
and a kind word is the same as a trophy, in fact it's better, IMHO.

Mike