TDROC Run to the Rockies

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: TDROC Run to the Rockies
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 23:56:56 -0500
Well, Andy and I are back from the Run to the Rockies.  I want to thank all
the WyCROC'ers who came by to say hello at the autocross, and again at the
barbeque. My gray ghost decided to quit running at Saturday's autocross in
Denver, and we couldn't fix it quickly, so we loaded it on the trailer and
finished the run towing it with my suburban.  The ride to the top of Mt
Evans was exciting.  I may have towed the first car trailer and roadster to
over 14,000 feet, a record, I'm sure. I felt a little like an MGB owner for
the rest of the trip, carrying my car around broken. Or a lotus owner,
maybe.  At least it isn't the electrics.  There isn't any gas getting to the
carbs after about 15 minutes of running.  Possibly junk in the pickup tube
of the tank, or maybe fuel lines, or vapor lock.  I'll know more when I take
a few things apart.

We camped out a few times, but the monsoon season is on in Colorado and New
Mexico, so we camped in a motel a couple of times when it was raining.  We
saw Denver,Gunnison, Silverton, Durango,  Pagosa Springs, Los Alamos,
Albuquerque, and all points in between, and had a wonderful time.  It's a
shame the other TDROC'ers couldn't  make the trip.  Maybe next year.  I'll
try to put a few pictures on Andy's web site this coming week.

The next two TDROC events are a little closer to home. (my home)  We'll have
a mini-meet at New Braunfels in August, and a big meet in Kerrville in the
fall. I hope everyone on the list can make it.  You're all invited.

Leiisure Suit Terry