Re: Roadster Registry

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster Registry
From: Dennis Currington <DC@datsuns.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 20:57:21 -0700
Steve Landuyt wrote:

> And  also hidden in the not so backwoods.  There was a story on Wednesday in
> our local newspaper that the original '64 Shelby Daytona Coupe was finally
> found recently in a storage garage in Anaheim.  It had been "missing" since
> the early 70's and was located through the papers left by a woman who had
> died.    Also found in her effects "were papers for a 1969 Datsun."
> Unfortunately the story did not mention whether the Datsun was found and
> what model it was [for some inexplicable reason the reporter had his
> priorities crossed and was more interested in the Daytona Coupe], but it
> could be a Roadster locked away in some forgotten garage/shed.
>
> Steve Landuyt
> San Diego
> '69 2000 [SRL311 11566]

Steve,

That is a fascinating story in the paper. I was really surprised it was on the
front page.   I noticed also that they did not mention what happened to the
Datsun.  But then again, I'm sure it didn't sell for $4,000,000 like the Daytona
Coupe did.  Here is link to the story in the paper if anyone is interested.
After all, Peter Brock did design it :-)

http://www.uniontrib.com/news/uniontrib/wed/news/news_1n1car.html

Dennis

--
Dennis Currington