Re: milli volt battery charging x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: milli volt battery charging x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:17:05 -0500
>mike

> In my experience if a battery is completely dead nothing will bring it back
> to life. I tried to do that recently with a 2 amp charger left on overnight
> and nothing happened when I tried it the next day.

It's my understanding that automotive batteries are not designed to be drawn
way down charge wise and repeatedly recharged, unlike deep cycle batteries
used for trolling motor, golf carts, that sort of stuff. Not sure exactly
what the structural differences are, but they're there. Furthermore auto
batteries (and many other types of rechargeable batteries) do need to be
charged occasionally or they'll die terminally, too.

Has to do with chemical reactions, free electrons, free range chicken, other
stuff like that. ;>)

FWIW, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas