Re: Clutch Question

To: Kevin Koskela <kkoskela@mlode.com>,
Subject: Re: Clutch Question
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:48:23 -0700 (PDT)
Just a thought as it happened to me once.  Check your slave cylinder.
One of the bolts may have come where it bolts to the transmission.  If
it does, it'll swing out and push at an angle to the clutch fork,
rather than straight on, giving you much less actual clutch motion and
making the pedal move more easily (as it's not pushing as much).

--- Kevin Koskela <kkoskela@mlode.com> wrote:
> My clutch has been working fine with the only slight hassle that
> you had to push it ALL the way in or you would grind in 2nd
> gear.  Yesterday though, I started the car and noticed a major
> change in the clutch.  Now you only have to push it down about 3
> inches and it allows you to shift.  The clutch also feels way
> different.  Before it was smooth all the way and no it feels
> like there is much less resistance pushing it in.  Does this
> sound like the clutch itself is going out or maybe something
> else?  Thanks for your help!
>
> Kevin Koskela
> '67 1/2 1600

=====