Re: OT Freight Shipping

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT Freight Shipping
From: "andycost" <andycost@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 18:39:07 -0500
Try Con-Way.  If you put the motor on a pallet and deliver it to your local
Con-Way depot they are really cheap.  Tell them it weighs 200 lbs.  They
usually don't weigh the pallet and take your word for it.  Ship it as class
85 motor parts.  I did a quick rate quote on the web site (
https://www.con-way.com/default.asp?bhcp=1 )  and a 200 lb package from LA
to Detroit with residential delivery was about $250.
It is helpful to get a rate quote online and print it out.  I shipped a
motorcycle from Dallas to Brooklyn for $350.  When I showed up to the
Con-Way depot they were going to charge more, but I showed them the printout
and they accepted it.

Andy