Re[2]: Quiet

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Stephen McCartney"
Subject: Re[2]: Quiet
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:11:35 -0700
Excellent story! These adrenaline rushes are justification enough for
owning our little roadsters. Last Saturday I was leaving San Francisco's
Japantown, they have a summer festival going on. We've got some of the
hilliest urban driving in the country. I'm driving down Gough Street, a
steep grade, and got stuck behind two cars waiting to make a right turn.
Once they cleared, I gunned it in 1st gear and peeled out, tires smoking.
Whoops! Went airborn over the crest in the intersection, all 4 wheels up
and then set down first on the front and then rear, a la the Steve McQueen
movie Bullitt. Grinning for much of the way home.

Fred - So.SF
P.S. The center block of Japantown was blocked off for a car show. All late
model, strangely enough including Euro cars like BMW's and Porshes. Next
year I'm going to request space for vintage Japanese cars, and Datsun will
be a presence!