Re: gauge regulator

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gauge regulator
From: "Todd Osborn" <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:59:06 -0700
Neil,
My 68 seems to like about 8 volts. See Tom's post below regarding making one
from a lm317 .... be careful on  the polarity of the tantilum output cap,
they explode when reversed =:o
Todd Osborn
San Jose, CA

>From Tom Walter:
There have been a few versions of the solid state regulator made up.  I
posted the version below, to which Lou in Australia pointed out a LM7808
(fixed regulator) would have saved me a few resistors. ;-)

Barrie reported his roadster "liked" 7.3 volts, someone else cameback
with 7.6 volts, and my
car seemed to prefer closer to 8.0 volts for a fixed voltage to replace
the mechanically instrument voltage regulator.
Have fun!
Cheers,
Tom