starting problems solved!

To: datsun roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: starting problems solved!
From: Hoon Kim <hoon@pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:25:54 -0700
Thanks again to the roadster list.

I finally had time to do some work on my little early '67 1600. My
starting problems was indeed the battery. Went and got a replacement
and she fired right back up.

I also finally got a chance to install and adjust my dogbone
connecter, the part connecting the throttle rod to the SU carbs.
After many, many small little adjustment to get the right length, I
finally got my engine running pretty well. Is there an exact length
that the connector should be? I've found that my connector needed to
be adjusted longer on one carb than the other. Looks like I might
have to tinker with it more.

Installed a better tach, got it down to a good idle then took her out
for a spin. I noticed that when coming to a stop, almost always my
idle rides really high  (about 500 rev higher), and I have to tap my
foot on the gas to have it come back down. Could this be caused by
gunk, either around the pedal or the throttle cable?
--

Hoon Kim
Pixar Animation Studios