Re: Re[2]: starting problems solved!

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Re[2]: starting problems solved!
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:56:33 -0700 (PDT)
That's pretty complicated since the tempurature under the hood
shouldn't change all that much with the weather once the car's warmed
up (or so I would think).

I suggested the throttle cable slack privately to Hoon, then publicly
to Robert only to discover that someone else had publicly posted that
already.  I'd try the easy things first (loosen a single screw, give it
a little slack, tighten the screw again).

--- Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us wrote:
> I'm only guessing here so experimentation is in order. The viscosity
> of oil
> thins out in higher temperatures (summer). So maybe the resistance of
> the
> SU pistons, against rising, is less in summer heat. And when you are
> coming
> to a stop, there may be a tendency for the floats to rise in the fuel
>
> bowls, allowing more fuel to stream into the fuel bowls and this
> temporarily increases the flow of fuel into the carbs. That extra
> fuel may
> be putting some upward pressure on the needles.
>
> Perhaps you need to experiment with thicker viscosity oil in the SU
> dampner
> pots, so you get more resistance to piston rise in the SU carbs.
> Again,
> just a guess. I would still clean up the carb linkage and check the
> throttle shafts & plates for binding.
>
> Fred - So.SF

=====
Adam