Re: More on high RPMs, after stopping

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More on high RPMs, after stopping
From: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:19:59 -0700
Robert & Hoon,

This is one thing to pay attention to.  I've had POs (never me) who have
put on incorrect springs on the carbs. If they are too strong they will
speed up the ware on the throttle shafts/bushings.  Make sure that
everything is clean and there isn't any leakage.  You can spray carb
cleaner on the outside of the shafts while the car is running. If things
are tight there shouldn't be any change in RPMs.  If there is you have
leaky shafts.  A couple of things that will prevent decent runnng  of
your car are warn out throttle shafts and distributor.

Dana

--
Dana Nojima, Ph.D.
HYSEQ, Inc.