OT- 2002 Tii Update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT- 2002 Tii Update
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:42:21 -0700
        Hello All,
Well I just got back from looking at  the car and well... no major rust in the
frame. Just some surface rust on the hood and some slightly more serious
rust along the trunk lid and some paint bubbling below the rear window.
Interior looked pretty nice sunroof worked.. the center console looked like it
was missing some things...Tii's are supposed to have a clock in the left side
of the parcel tray
        Pop the hood and look at the engine.. yep a Tii engine.. look at the
Vin number and... WAIT thats not a Tii VIN number..and the block does not
match the VIN either....Tii start at 276 this one started with 556???
        Apparently Tii's are the 67.5 2000 of the old BMW scene.... and some
underhanded people convert regular 2002's into 'Tii' models and then sell them
for a premium.
        Car also did not have as  much get-up-and-go as my Solex 2000.
It didn't have the original airbox..and the engine made a weird sucking sound
when I got on it..kinda like solex induction noise...
        The owner was kinda fishy too.. He's only had the car for a week and
says he doesn't know a thing about the mechanical condition of the car..LIke who
buys a car without asking what shape the engines in.
        Oh well a 2002 would make a nice city car for 4....
                Daniel 69 2000