Re: Roadster on eBay -- '68 2000

To: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>, road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roadster on eBay -- '68 2000
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 05:57:08 -0500
If a vehicle is waxed, you have to make sure you strip the wax
before doing any touch up painting. Since I never waxed the
car since it was painted, it makes touching up the paint much
easier.

Centari (spelling?) was the paint used, enamel with a catalyst.

One thing I always recommend to people is to buy a restored car
with OLD paint (best when at least a year old). Any poor body
work will show up with paint blisters due to hidden rust. Also
new paint will hide many prep errors, looking nice and shiny.
Old paint tells you what the prep job was really like.  I painted
Rodney in 1993, before moving to Texas. (He was shipped in an
enclosed trailer).  The second owner parked him in about 1974,
when his wife was expecting their first born. I bought him in
1990.

Other photo's will be posted later this week.

Tom