2002 and other BMW Stuff

To: dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 2002 and other BMW Stuff
From: <Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:08:28 -0500
I too have been bitten by the bug and on impulse purchased a 1988 535is last
November.  Unfortunately, it rolled down my drive and under my neighbors
deck in February.  Couldn't decide whether to fix or part out cause I had no
insurance money coming in (liability only).  But, I knew the car was good,
had over $12,000 in receipts from the previous owner (he was not at all
mechanically inclined, thank goodness).  Well, I had a new (used) roof put,
new fenders and hood, and the whole car painted.  Got the car back about 4
weeks ago and have spent a  lot of time doing little mods myself.  Still
have a ways to go and am waiting on carpet an trim pieces, but I have gotta
say that I really enjoy the beemer.  Of course it has some of the good
stuff, aftermarket springs, 16" BBS wheels, short shift thrower, Gertrag 5
speed (factory), LSD (factory).  Still to come are a free flow intake,
aftermarket sway bars, strut bar, rear apron (already in the garage waiting
for paint), side skirts and ????  Oh yeah, I was kinda pissed when I turned
on the AC for the 1st time and... nothing.  Ah well.   I guess this is a
long way to say that there is something about these cars is really enjoyable
and I can imagine that a 2002 has a lot of charm as well.  Check out the
following link for more info.  Good luck.

http://forums.roadfly.com/2002/messages/