Seattle area windshield help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Seattle area windshield help
From: Eric Armstrong <ericarm@alum.calberkeley.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:22:49 -0700
Hi -

Is anyone in the Seattle area going up to/past Ross Mullen's Blaine WA
warehouse in the next 5 weeks?

I'm getting a new windshield for my '66 from him, and am concerned about
having it shipped to me in Berkeley, CA, since it is apparently one of the
last remaining low windshields in existence and I'd hate to have it broken.
I will be in the Seattle area the weekend of September 21-23 visiting friends.

On the off chance that anyone who lives in/around Seattle was going to be
in Ross's vicinity between now and then, I'm wondering if you'd be willing
to pick it up for me, and save me the drive to Blaine & back during the two
short days I'll be up there visiting friends.

Also, has anyone ever carried a windshield with them on a southwest
airlines flight?  Any tips for taking it as carry on, or alternatively, for
packing it as checked baggage?

Lastly, I understand that installing the glass is a job best done by a
professional.  Any recommendations for an installer in the SF Bay Area?

If anyone can help, pls let me know.  Thanks!

-Eric