Re: Seattle area windshield help

To: "Eric Armstrong" <ericarm@alum.calberkeley.org>,
Subject: Re: Seattle area windshield help
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:23:37 -0500
Eric Armstrong wrote

>Also, has anyone ever carried a windshield with them on a southwest
>airlines flight?  Any tips for taking it as carry on, or alternatively, for
>packing it as checked baggage?
Too big for carry-on and I wouldn't check it unless it was in an Anvil
Case or something like that.  Is it in the factory carton?  Since this is
a rarified object, it might be worth it to have a plywood and 1x4 crate
made so the factory carton fits just inside it wrapped with bubble wrap.
Ross may know of somebody up there who can do it.  I imagine it would rum
betweem $60 and $100 US (just a guess)  Then, after removing your prize,
you have a brand new coffee table!.

-=Marc T.=-

Marc Tyler
Sisterdale TX