Re: Transmissions

To: <Ldino21@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmissions
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:55:32 -0700
Not so stupid if all you have dealt with are 2000's (and I know you have a
bunch). IF they're roadster trannys, the 5-speed has a bolt-on coupling at
the tailshaft for a small shaft (less than 1 foot long) that the driveshaft
mates into. The 4-speed doesn't have this bolt-on coupling, the 4-spd
driveshaft simply slides into the tailshaft.

Fred - So.SF