Re: What's happened to BADROC?

To: Ldino21@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's happened to BADROC?
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:26:14 -0700
Couple of notes on this one,

I've talked to some people about participation at club events and have
received a lot of answers. I remember talking to Victor Laury about a
SoCalROC member who I hadn't seen in a while and wondered why he hadn't
shown up to any events lately. Victor simply answered: "He's Busy". Made me
stop and think.

The reason the 311 Skid Marks are having a lot of runs is because someone
invites other people to come on a drive and they show up. Simple as that. It
doesn't matter who does the inviting. Steve Allen and company are just
interested in getting together and getting out there.

SoCalROC is having a Palomar run on September 16th. I have been very busy
working on my restoration of my 67 2000 and have not had a lot of spare time
to organize a club event. After seeing the Wycroc run and the Skid Marks
runs I got motivated to get out there.

All I do is invite. I don't even use the term "organize". Talk to Joe Roach
about organizing an event. He worked his butt off doing Solvang. All I am
doing is inviting some friends to go for a drive.

So the BADROC crowd is getting busy with that mundane thing called real
life. I have heard a lot of press about the job situation up there. The
silicon valley is taking a serious beating and when the discretionary income
goes away, the roadster stays in the garage.

I am sure the BADROC guys will do a run soon. But sometimes life gets in the
way.

My .02

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500 x2