What a blast

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: What a blast
From: JRDMF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:20:36 EDT
Got the Roadster fixed just in time to for my Daughter's theater group
opening night.
They asked if anybody in the group had custom, or classic cars that would
like to volunteer to circle around the building to pick up the cast and
deliver them to the red carpet in front of the theater. Hey, I have a couple
of cars that just might qualify.

I have the Roadster that loves the twist's and turns, and I have a 67 400
Firebird convertible that go's straight and fast. (It doesn't like to turn,
and it definitely doesn't like to stop!) What the heck, let's bring them
both. I was kinda curious to see which one would get the better reception
anyway. There were only 4 other cars there, a 41 Mercury, a 56 Ford, a 66
Impala, and a Buick Riviera. All of the cars were restored. Some with flames,
most lowered with metal flake paint jobs, so needless to say, we felt like
the Roadster was a little out of place.

I had my friend Terry drive the Roadster, and I drove the Firebird. Let me
tell you there were about 150 kids from 8 years to 35 years old, and it
seemed like everyone wanted to wait for one of the convertibles. Terry was
grinning from ear to ear when he picked up two of the main characters, who
told him "lets blow off the show and go cruising all night." I felt like a
proud papa when I saw those kids fighting to get the chance to go for a ride.
Who would have thought that the cast from "Grease" would be fighting to go
for a ride in a Japanese car. Eat your heart out John Travolta.

Next year I bring both Roadsters. "Glease is the word"

Jon
67.5 1600
67.5 2000