Exhaust Manifold question

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: Exhaust Manifold question
From: "MURPHY, BARNEY D" <BMURPHY@scana.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:29:54 -0400
Greetings fellow Roadsterers!

Regarding Spunky, my '69 2000, I have read about a baffle inside of the
exhaust manifold becoming loose after aging. I have this "clatter" (not to
be confused with the "death" rattle) noise that is coming from the exhaust
manifold area. The heatshield under the carbs is secure. It does not sound
like an exhaust leak. It does not sound like a loose/sticking valve. The
exhaust pipe is bolted up tight to the manifold. Has anyone experienced this
before? Is it repairable by removing the manifold or should I be looking at
replacing the manifold with a header?

Thanks for your guidance.
Barney