Re: Seats

To: "MURPHY, BARNEY D" <BMURPHY@scana.com>
Subject: Re: Seats
From: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:29:02 -0600
Barney:

Yes, I have easily just drilled more holes
through the roadster floor to move the seat rearward
in search of more leg room.

What to watch out for:

look UNDER the car BEFORE drilling,
make sure you don't drill into anything vital to the car's well being
and make sure you can reach the intended new hole
so that you can get the nuts tightened down good on the seats.

Use BIG washers or a steel plate to re-inforce the new seat mount
so it won't pull through the floor sheet metal.

You can move the seat rearward a couple more inches
until the back of the seat encounters the ramp in the floor.

If you still need more cockpit room ????
use a smaller diameter steering wheel, which
should give you plenty of leg room
once the seat is moved all the way back.

Another word of warning,
once the seat is moved rearward,
make sure you can still get the clutch pedal
and brake pedal pushed in significantly
from your new seat position.

John Atchison
Idaho Falls