Re: Clubs (Was Are we gonna have a SACROC?)

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>, sandhoff@csus.edu,
Subject: Re: Clubs (Was Are we gonna have a SACROC?)
From: Steve Allen <dumpdude@pon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:30:22 -0700
You don't even have to be a ROC to get a group of roadsters together. We call
ourselves the 311 Skid Marks a Datsun Sports Car Club meaning any
and every sort of Datsun could show up. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a
Datsun as far as that goes. Miatas, MGs, Triumphs whatever. Even though I
have been snubbed by a Triumph owner I came upon on the freeway one time. I
blew by him on the freeway never looking back. Some people are just
not very friendly not matter what they are driving. Too bad for them.  So far,
that is all it has been with our runs--roadsters--but maybe as time goes on we
can join up with the Z Car Clubs and or Dimers. We just get together to have
fun and our runs are planned well in advance giving people the opportunity
to make arrangements if need be. I have never met Gary Cohen yet but have his
same philosophy-if one other roadster besides myself shows up I
consider it a success.  It really does not take that much effort to have a good
time and especially with a group of people you have something in common
with. I get a kick out of the stares and thumbs up we get as we cruise along on
a run. Speaking of runs-we have one this Saturday. Meet us at Sears
Point around 9 AM if you are so inclined.  If SACROC gets off the ground let us
know and we will try to make it. At least one or two of us anyway. More is
better but two always works. #8>))

Steve
311 Skid Marks
http://www.311s.org