Re: Copper head gaskets

To: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Subject: Re: Copper head gaskets
From: Marc Sayer <marcsayer@home.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:03:52 -0700
Yep it was me.

I tried to develop some solid copper head gaskets about 10 years ago and worked
with one of the better known makers of solid copper race gaskets at the tiime. I
wasted a ton of money on various designs, inclduing a fully o-ringed version,
and never did get one that would seal properly. I have used the FelPro head
saver shim (a thin solid copper shim used with a head gasket and had reasonably
good luck with that but as for a true solid copper head gasket, well ....

--
Marc Sayer
82 280ZXT