Oil Cooler on eBay ;-)

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Cooler on eBay ;-)
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:46:45 -0500
On the competition oil cooler
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=594500090

I got the following email:

[name_withheld]@bellsouth.net

I've searched the official datsun parts book, and there was no factory
competition oil cooler available from Datsun.  Please tell me the part
number so I can look it up, otherwise, you might be falsely advertising
an item.
--------------------

My, tongue in cheek reply:
[I'll bcc the sender, as I thought the original email was a joke... ]

Boy, what a nice friendly email. Do you always accuse sellers of fraud?
Do us both a favor, and don't bid if you haven't done your homework
first.

I am such a friendly SOB, that I just for fun tossed a few past
competition catalogs out and snapped a photo. Oh, let me guess you don't
trust digital photo's as they can be touched up.  Hint, in the listing
I pointed out the thermostat was non-original, doesn't that seem odd to
point out that part was NOT original.

Tom Walter
Austin, TX

P.S. Photo's of the comp catalogs are at:

http://www.tomwalter.com/comp1.jpg
http://www.tomwalter.com/comp2.jpg

P.P.S.  The original kit was part number 23100-25510, only difference
is that the kit came with a sheet metal scoop (easily fabricated).
The 15238-25510 is stamped on the oil filter/cooler line body. So
it was a specific U20 item, just makes me wonder what the history
of the part was?