Re: Top, Tonneau and boot

To: sidney raper <spl310@hotmail.com>, ambradley@yahoo.com, chriss@euregio.net,
Subject: Re: Top, Tonneau and boot
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:47:23 -0700 (PDT)
I think you misunderstood my post.  Titled and actual model year are
two different things.  There are no such things as 1971 Datsun
Roadsters, only cars that were titled as 1971's (based on year sold).

I wasn't referring to Rallye's website as being misleading, and in fact
said that Rallye knows what top fits what, whereas other non-Datsun
specific vendors might not.  I purchased a 68-69 top based on the info
on Rallye's page, even though mine is a 1970.  Sidney Levine, the guy I
bought it from, said "well, you probably know what you're talking
about" even though he felt it was the wrong part number based on the
Robbins book.

If you look at the Robbins book, it is misleading.  Go to
http://www.autostyles.com/nisstop.htm and you'll see they list one top
for 68-69 and another for 69.5-71.  What is a 69.5?  How is it
different than a 69?  Yes, I realize there are rain gutter style
differences, but there is no 71, and from what I understand the 70 top
had the rain gutter change, not the 69.  The VIN numbers they list for
the change correspond to 70s, not 69s, too (per Rallye's website).

=====