Re: Separating ball joints

To: Autox <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Separating ball joints
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:18:01 -0500
Eddie,

Two things it took me way to long to learn:

Spray the joint down with penatrating oil the night before
popping it off.

Use a 4# sledge hammer (12" handle) and WHACK that pickle fork.
I had used a 1# hammer for years, finally noticed a friend would
pop those suckers loose with a one or two blows with the 4# hammer.

Cheers,

Tom