Re: aerodynamics of racing?

To: "Gary K. McCormick" <gkmcc@netgate.net>, <CalSpeed@aol.com>
Subject: Re: aerodynamics of racing?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:38:22 -0400
All the F1 and Indy cars as well as production Ferraris use belly pans to
exert additional downforce.

In F1 and CART they modified the rules to reduce but not eliminate their use
as did other forms of racing. I think they raised the cars to reduce their
effects.

Remember the "sucker" Chapperals from the 60s? And the old F1 cars with the
sliding side skirts?

Mike