Re: aerodynamics of racing?

To: William Schairer <wschaibe@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: aerodynamics of racing?
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:33:21 -0400
The 1970 Chaparral 2J and 1978 Brabham BT46B used "active aerodynamics"
(as FIA termed them) -- we would term them "fans" -- to evacuate the
underside of the car and produce downforce.  Both were banned, the
Chapparal from Can Am and the Brabham from F1.

- Bob Mann

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.  > Airline Industry Analysis and Consulting
Port Washington, NY  11050 > tel 516-944-0900, fax 516-944-7280