Re: 67.5 home

To: "Roman Rist" <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: 67.5 home
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:06:04 -0700
Sounds like it has Pennzoil in it.  I have had many mechanics and engine
rebuilders tell me that it cakes, and is NFG.
 (No F---ing Good)  In the old days when they would do an Oil change they
would add 1 Quart of kerosene, and idle the engine for about 10 minutes to
remove all the sludge built up in the engine.  Today I don't know if that
would be a good practice.
It may loosen up particles that may become lodged in the crank Oil passages
and ruin the engine.  I think it would be ok if you were to do it before a
engine tear down, and a rebuild job.  Pat