Re: OK, so who welded the thermostat housing on?

To: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>, snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Subject: Re: OK, so who welded the thermostat housing on?
From: STAN CHERNOFF <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:19:33 -0700
Fred,

If you really want to make it look original and have a way to remove the
water outlet at a later date you can turn the studs down about .05" from
about 1/4" inside of each thread.  This will give clearance over most of
the length and allow easier removal of the water outlet.  Stainless steel
studs could only be a benefit.

A better overall solution would be to replace the original water outlet
with an elbow and install a filler neck in the middle of the top radiator
tank.  This affords you the opportunity to determine if the radiator is
full and makes it easier to fill the system.  If you want some details you
can contact me away from the list.

Stan
========