Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay

To: <SLBESQ@aol.com>, <Sidney.Raper@getronics.com>, <ambradley@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay
From: "Michael Breen" <elvis@channel1.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:44:04 -0400
This will differ state to state, but here in Massachusetts, purchasing an
"undocumented" vehicle requires the seller to provide the buyer with a
signed notarized bill of sale stating the year, make, model, VIN, selling
price, and odometer reading, along with an account of how, when and from
whom the vehicle was acquired, and the circumstances of where, and to what
use the vehicle has been placed during the seller's ownership.

In addition, either the seller or buyer will need to have a visual
inspection completed by a law enforcement agency. That the same time they
must obtain a stolen vehicle inquiry report from that law enforcement
agency..

The buyer then must forward the seller's notarized bill of sale, along with
the visual inspection paperwork, and the stolen vehicle inquiry report and
the appropriate mV application form to Auto Theft, Inc. Auto Theft will then
run a check based on the documentation provided, and if satisfactory, will
direct that a Title be issued and sent to the buyer. Once the title is hand,
the car can be registered.

I know this because the guy from whom I bought my 68 2000 went through this
process when he purchased the car. And that is the reason my 68 2000 is
actually titled as a 1600 !!! They used the VIN of the plate in the car, not
the VIN on the frame (which I have been unable to locate/uncover).

In the case of the car in question on eBay, a title appears to be in hand
already.

Mike

68 1600,  I mean 2000