Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay

To: "L Jordan" <ay107@lafn.org>
Subject: Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:56:08 -0400
Let's put it this way, if the cops ever pulled you over as they sometimes do
in NY and check the VIN tag compared to the registration you could be
screwed big time. How about if your state requires inspection of the vehicle
and the guy notices nothing matches up. In some states they're pretty
thorough about inspections and will check the VIN tag.

It is the same as driving a stolen car with another registration in your
wallet that matches a car of the same color. Nothing on this car matches.

In NY they would impound the car until you can prove you are the legal owner
and how would you do that?

The moron should have pulled the VIN plate off the 67 so it matches the
reggy. A cop could always understand having to replace the motor but not the
body ID.

Besides, how do you know it wasn't a stolen car? I posted a tale of woe by a
CA owner who had his 310 stolen by the body shop when it closed.

I stil may have his email address and should ask him if that's his car.

All in all I would have to say it's fraud and highly illegal.

Caveat emptor will not due here. What this guy is doing is illegal.

Mike