Glad it wasn't my Roadster.....

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Glad it wasn't my Roadster.....
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:31:13 EDT
Good thing I decided against driving the Roadster to work this week.......

this all figures, seeing as I started my day w/the hot water heater deciding
to take a holiday......

I got off work at the hospital last night only to find a Maxima shaped hole
where my car had been. <grumble> <complain> Sure... it was the "square" 1987
w/ sun-faded "pewter" paint... sure it was full of the kids trash in the back
seat.... yeah the front end was starting to get loose, but DANG IT it's MY
car - or further,, the family car (you know, the one w/air conditioning - 's
important here in PHX).  The trunk was filled w/roadster parts- silly things
like a good steering box, leaf springs and a dashboard..... <more grumbling>.

We joked about it being a "stealth car" - looks like everyother car out there
on the road... good for avoiding cops when speeding down the freeway.. but
now they'll never even notice it if some idiot is out there joyriding... The
only "noticable' feature is the  reproduction Japanese dealer plate w/ the
big red stripe on it... hopefully they won't notice and leave it on for the
cops to find. No theft insurance either.... <grrrr - stupid me>

I keep reapeating:   "Glad it wasn't my roadster......  Glad it wasn't my
roadster......  Glad it wasn't my roadster......"

thanks for the "vent space"

Laurie :-) (Maxima-less for now)
"Glad it wasn't my Roadster......."
70 SPL311