Re: CA black plate issue revisited

To: Jim Bunte <>,
Subject: Re: CA black plate issue revisited
From: Adam Bradley <>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
Heck, why swap over everything?  Why not just swap the plates?  Who
cares that the VIN on the registration no longer matches the VIN on the
car, right?

Just to be safe, swap over the VIN ID tag, too.  I had a '67 411 sedan
with black CA plates (VEP 841, I believe).  Swap its ID tag; it's close

> if black plates mean so much to you, buy a rolling chassis and swap
> everything over from a clean but white-plated car and no one will
> ever know the difference. last time i checked, the DMV doesn9t
> exactly crawl under cars to check every VIN location on a vintage

'70 1600 SPL311-28181

/// mailing list