Re: ka swap

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: ka swap
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:45:38 -0800
Over the years I have read quite a number of references to engine transplants
for which the
front cross member had to be notched "a bit". how much is "a bit" and isn't
anyone
concerned with weakening a chassis member through this operation? When they
refer to "front
cross member" are they talking about the rather lightweight structure right at
the front of
the frame rails, or the heavier member which supports the front suspension ?
The latter one
I would be very nervous about messing with!

Gary McCormick
San jose, CA