Re: ka swap

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ka swap
From: John Wightman <johnwightman@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:07:30 -0800
For that matter, go with an SR20DET - 200hp stock, with lots more potential.
Trouble is, this engine is only found on Japanese cars in a rear wheel drive
configuration. Same with the SR20DE. Sylvias and 180sx's. Front wheel drive
versions can be found here on the Sentra SE-R and Infiniti G-20, I believe.
Japanese engine importers typically have quite a few of these engines, so
it's only a matter of $ to get one. The turbo is the engine I am planning on
putting in my roadster. Can you say 10lbs/hp? I knew that you could... :-)

John Wightman
'66 1600
Victoria, BC
http://www3.telus.net/kumiko/datsun_roadster.htm