Follow-up Battery Question and OT 2cents about SUVs and such

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Follow-up Battery Question and OT 2cents about SUVs and such
From: John Hogan <mad@madgrizzle.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:16:14 -0500
Turns out my 'new' car has a rather depleted battery... probably the reason
it would not start for the trucking company (seems the radio was on when I
put a charger to it).  I pulled the battery and popped the caps off and saw
the battery was about half-filled with water.  I have a sickening suspicion
that the trucking company tried to charge the battery and only looked at
the color of the wires (remember from previous post that my wire colors are
reversed).  So, I plan to purchase a new battery for the car, but my
question is this:  IF they tried to start the car using a 'battery
jumpstart' (my charger can supply about 125A @ 12VDC to assist the battery
in starting) with the + hooked to the - and the - hooked to the +, what
horrific things could have been done to the car?

OT regarding SUVs and trucks:
Please keep your headlights adjusted... that is my biggest gripe with these
SUVs and Trucks with their headlights sitting at my head-level.  Also, when
someone in a car is trying to turn right at a stop sign and you are turning
left, don't pull up next to him with your 10 foot tall fenders and block
his view of on-coming traffic.

Personally, I don't care what anyone drives, just be courteous on the road :)

John Hogan
1967.5 2000 SRL31100141 "Solex"