Re: Polar Bear run this weekend!!

To: gmagana@softcom.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Polar Bear run this weekend!!
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:04:55 EST
Just got back from the Modesto Roadster Owners Clubs "Polar Bear Run" through
the Sierra foothills.  It was fantastic!  I think there were close to 25
roadsters in attendence.  I left S.F. this morning at 6:45am and made it to
Modesto, 120 miles away in 1hr and 25 minutes.  Upon arriving I found out
that I still had 45 minutes before departure time.  Oh well...  I am glad I
didnt get a ticket in the process.

For me, my total drive today was almost 350 miles.  Although there were a
couple cars from the 311 Skid Marks club that may have driven further then
me.

Anyway, it was a great day in the sun.  Fun of food, twisties and great
people.  My highlight of the day was blasting up Old Priest Rd with Herb
Petty in his SR20 beauty of a Roadster.  I was running at 5000-7000 rpm the
whole way up the road.  The sound echoing off of the hillside must have been
awesome.

I have no pics to post but I am sure that someone will post something soon.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion