Super Kudos to Victor

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Super Kudos to Victor
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 00:14:59 EST
Victor Laury spent all day at my place in LA helping me (actually I watched
him and stayed out of the way) put a new clutch on the engine and drop the
beast back in.  The effort he put in, and his knowledge about Roadsters, are
both incredible.  I can't say enough.

Learned a couple of things, don't suck on a brake line -- the fluid tastes
terrible.  And when sliding the early 1600 back in, there is a cross brace in
the tranny tunnel that hangs up on the shifter base and doesn't allow the
engine to slide back.  Rather than get a bigger hammer, there is a pin in the
shifter that slides out (don't lose the clevis) and allows the shifter base
to tilt out of the way.

Also learned that the clutch alignment tool that Eastwood sells and
supposedly fits 95% of the cars made does not fit a roadster.

Anyway, I only have another two or three weeks left to go (see the next
post).

Gary C
1966 1600
1968 2000