Re: brake line Q -- stupid owner's tricks. number 23

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake line Q -- stupid owner's tricks. number 23
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 23:51:48 -0600
Before you replace your newly plated line, try this.  Get a piece of small
dia steel cable.  Bicycle brake cable will due.  Chuck it in a variable
speed drill and SLOWLY try to work it through the line. (Take the line out
of the car.) Just like snaking a drain. Once it is through, clamp one end of
the cable securely, hold on to the other end and run the brake line back and
forth to scrub out as much as possible.  Fill the line with carb cleaner and
let is soak for a good while.  Then blow it out thoroughly with compressed
air.  No guarantees but it's worth a try.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359