Super Kudos to Everyone

To: "'Al Trivison'" <remuneration2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Super Kudos to Everyone
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:20:44 -0800
Geez Guys, your giving me a complex. It's a pleasure for me to see these
cars as it is my hobby after all. This is the same response I give to my
neighbors when the comment "Your always working on that little car." I say
"You'd almost think it was my hobby or something"

It was nice meeting Al and his car. An original owner with a car that will
be an easy restore. It wont take much to bring his 68 white/red SRL back to
life. I was hoping to goad him into having it ready for Solvang. But he is
too steadfast on taking his time and doing right the first time.

As for Gary's car, Well, I knew his car before I knew him. The first time I
saw it, at Solvang 98, (I think) It wowed me. It really is a beauty of a 66,
Red with tan interior and the dash in the red body color made this car stand
out in the crowd. Chasing Gary through the twistys of Bouquet Canyon Road,
pointed out how quick a 1600 can be. We, with the 2l cars, like to think of
the SPL as the "Little Brother" but with it's low gearing, they can squirt
through and out of a corner smartly.

As Paul mentioned there are "Victor Tools" all through our group. I'd like
to think I live up to our community. I've heard that can't hardly open the
hood of your car in Modesto without Herb Petty coming over to lend a hand. I
keep his words in my head and pass them on to the others I help "I wouldn't
put THAT dirty part back on MY car!"