Solex II cam

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solex II cam
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:43:24 -0600
Does anybody have information about the Solex II cam?  Specifically I am
wondering about the differences between it and the B-cam.  What kind of power
output should I expect?  Is there any modification required to the head or
pistons to use this cam?  Will it work well with the stock compression ratio?

I got the 23x9.5x15 Hoosier slicks mounted on the Centerline wheels and
installed on Tetanus.  I had to use wheel spacers and longer studs.  The studs
are Moroso brand and I had to turn down the knurl a bit on the lathe to make
them fit the hubs.  I tack welded the studs in the hubs to keep them from
turning while torqueing the lug nuts.  I also had to cut the tops off the mag
style lug nuts so that the longer studs can poke through.  I also had to drill
a hole in the backing plate of the rear drums to insert the longer studs.  You
can see pictures of Tetanus with the slicks installed at my picturetrail
site.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=555552&uid=452047

Does anyone have reccomendations for air pressures on Hoosier R45 slicks?

Thanks,

Andy