Parts Washing

To: "Datsun-Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts Washing
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:08:25 -0800
Hello all,

With winter almost gone, I am getting motivated to continue on with the slow
resurrection of my  roadster. It hasn't been started in over 10 years, so my
projects include cleaning up the fuel and cooling systems, replacing all of
the tune up parts, belts and hoses, someday addressing the hydraulics, and
an overall cleanup of the 30+ years of nasty grime on the car. For the clean
up, I got a parts washer from Harbor Freight, but I am not happy at all with
the degreaser I have. It is a concentrated water based degreaser and doesn't
really attack grease all that well. I was wondering what solvent will work
better and if anyone knows how you get rid of the stuff (in CA) when it
needs to be changed...other than dumping it somewhere nobody can see it :)

Brian
'68 1600