Re: question on talon eagle

To: "Ronald Mistak" <remfender@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: question on talon eagle
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:28:35 -0500
Ron,

  They came in three shapes and sizes!  You could get a single cam 4
cylinder at about 96 hp, a twin cam at about 135 hp, or a twin cam turbo at
about 190 hp.  And the turbo came as front wheel drive or all wheel drive.
Trannies were either a 5 speeds or autos.  The Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth
Laser and Eagle Talon are all the same cars under the skin.  Better know as
DSM, Diamond Star Motors.  Take a look at http://www.DSM.org for details.
  My son's current ride is a 1993 Plymouth Laser RS (twin cam) with slightly
warmed over suspension.  He has autocrossed it with great success for three
years.  His toy, in the garage for the winter, is a very custom one off
built 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse AWD Turbo with a full roll cage and about 400
HP under the hood.  I love his Laser.  The Eclipse scares the heck out of
me.
  The twin cams are good motors.  The car's weakness is the tranny and
differentials on the AWD Turbos.  And in case you are thinking of a swap to
a roadster, they are all front wheel drive.  Although Archer Racing did
convert one to RWD for the drag strip.

Paul
OROC