Responsibility

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Datsunsport@ca.inter.net,
Subject: Responsibility
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:45:26 -0800
Group,
As you all know by now, I saw fit to post my opinion regarding a
situation with a vender, namely Ross at Sport Imports.  I did not doctor
or leave out any emails, and provided the chronology so that you could
see the progression and come to your own conclusions.  Some have echoed
my sentiments, others questioned my integrity, some offered advice.  All
actually, was appreciated (BTW, it was Sept 11 and the nightmare border
situation that delayed my trip, and a lack of urgent need for the
seats).  I  take responsibility for my actions, as well as the results,
good or bad.  With that in mind, it would not be fair to not post the
following emails I received today:

(just past midnight)
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:10:50 -0800
From:  datsunsport <datsunsport@ca.inter.net>

Give me a couple of weeks and I will get you your seats recovered and
ready for pick up.

Ross

(9:15 am tues morning)
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:15:18 -0800

Blast away Greg. Vent and rave all you want. I will gladly keep the seat
covers. I would
be careful what you say to the list as it will come back to bite you.
you have shown
your true colors. I run a business not a storage facilty. have a great
day.

Ross

It would appear that Ross was willing to take some degree of
responsibility for the situation, if somewhat delayed.  My mistake was
in expecting a more complete explanation quickly.  His, in my opinion,
was in not providing clear information in the beginning and subsequently
(see the response to my request to come get the seats and others).  Was
I pissed?  Damn right.  Was I justified?  Again, looking at the
Should I have pursued this differently?  Yes.

So there it is.  I will take responsibility for my decisions and
actions.  It is all I am in control of.  I will acknowledge that,
ultimately, Ross was willing to do something to try and make it right.
Exactly why anything had to be done to "make it right" in the first
place is debatable, and all will have opinions.  As far as I am
concerned, I have said my peace, and accepted my responsibility.
Greg