setting it straight

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: setting it straight
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:25:53 -0800
Just for the record, Jason Hoppe, the previous owner of the "missing seats" car,
was and has been one of the most honest individuals I have ever dealt with.
When I bought this car off Ebay with a "Buy it now" purchase, another individual
tried to claim the car.  He even went as far as driving down from Canada to
Washington with a car trailer and showing up at Jason's work (or home, I don't
remember which).  Despite being offered $7000 (yes, thousand) more than I had
paid, Jason honored his word and sold the car to me, at a considerable loss.  As
time when by, Jason would come across parts he had forgotten to put in the boxes
of stuff I bought (this car is completely disassembled).  He could have offered
them for sale on Ebay or sold them to someone else.  Instead, he would contact
me, carefully box them up and ship them to me at HIS cost.  Say and think of me
as you will.  However, don't bad mouth Jason.  As I go through life, I find that
people like him are few and far between.  And, Jason, I am sorry you caught some
crap because of my decisons.  You did not deserve it, and I hope I have set the
record straight.
Greg Burrows