Solex versus SU

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solex versus SU
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:39:29 -0500
I have a question for the 2000 owners.  I am going to do everything that I
can to make a car driveable.  I have a 2000 motor with an A cam in it.  I
also have SUs and Solex carbs/manifolds available.  The exhaust manifold has
been replaced with a header.  I wanted to hear opinions about which carbs to
put on the car.  The SUs appear to be in fine shape, as do the Solex carbs.
The Solex carbs are the later carbs with the 34mm chokes and the closed
aircleaner.  I would like to hear from some folks that have had A cam cars
with both to get the opinions regarding the driveability.

Thanks!

sid